Research on the agronomic package of practices like sowing time, weed control, intercropping, varietal performance, manures and fertilizers, irrigation requirements, sowing methods and layout for different crops of the Kolhapur region is being carried out by the section and gave the following recommendations.
1.Package of Practices:
- Paddy: Pre-emergence application of Butachlor @ 1.5 kg a. i. / ha. along with hand weeding 30 days after sowing in upland paddy under Rainfall Zone No. 9 is recommended.
- Finger millet: The finger millet varieties viz. B-7743 and PR-202 should be grown with application of 60 kg N/ha for higher productivity under rainfed condition in Kolhapur region.
- On medium deep soil of Rainfall Zone No. 9 in Sub Mountain Zone to obtain maximum production, it is recommended to sow soybean in kharif season after receipt of sufficient monsoon rains in between the period of 27th may to 24th June.
- On medium deep soils of Rainfall Zone No. 9 in Sub Mountain Zone, application of 50 kg N/ha, half dose at sowing and half dose three weeks after sowing with 75 kg P2O5/ha as basal application for higher yield, is recommended.
- Mustard: In Sub Mountain Zone No. 9, mustard variety Seeta or Pusa bold with application of 60:60:60 kg N, P2O5, K2O/ha is recommended in medium black soil.
- In Kharif groundnut – Rabi sorghum cropping system, seedbed should be compacted before or after sowing of rabi sorghum or direct sowing followed by harrowing.
- Paired planting of Sorghum (CSH - 9) with intercropping of soybean in medium black soil is recommended for higher monetary returns.
- After Kharif paddy on rough seedbed wheat is successfully grown with 100 kg seed rate per ha along with the recommended fertilizer dose (120: 60: 60 kg N, P2O5, K2O/ha is recommended for Rainfall Zone No. 9 of Sub Mountain Zone.
- For yield maximization and higher monitory returns application of 50:75 kg N, P2O5/ha for Soybean and 90:45:45 kg N, P2O5, K2O/ha for wheat crop in soybean – wheat cropping system on medium deep soils is recommended for Rainfall Zone No.7, 9 and 12 in Sub Mountain Zone.
The title of the M.Sc. (Agri.) experiments is as below
|Name of student||Title of Experiment|
|Batch : 2009-10|
|Mali A. B.||Integrated Weed Management in Upland Rice.|
|Thorat S. D.||Integrated Weed Management in Wheat.|
|Yadav S. P.||Response of Baby corn to Row Spacing and Nitrogen Level.|
|Zende M.S.||Effect of Plant Density and Genotypes on Yield and Quality of Summer Sunflower.|
|Batch : 2010-11|
|Chavan I H||Integrated Weed Management in Wheat .|
|Deshmukh R R||Integrated Weed Management in soybean.|
|Doiphode P C||Performance of summer green gram to potash levels and plant densities.|
|Korade S. D||Response of sunflower hybrids to different sowing dates in summer conditions.|
|Kurane R. A||Response of sweet corn to different fertilizer levels and plant densities in summer season.|
|Zambare V. N||Response of groundnut varieties to varying sowing dates under summer conditions.|
|Batch : 2011-12|
|Bevara Jyothi Basu||Response of pop corn to different fertilizer levels and plant densities in Kharif season|
|Chougule B.A.||Response of sweet corn to different fertilizer levels and plant densities in Kharif season|
|Kambale M.A||Integrated weed management in Kharif groundnut|
|Patil S.V.||Studies on efficient fertilizer management in finger millet|
|Patil S.P.||Effect of different fertilizer levels on newely released finger millet cv.Phule Nachni|
|Rathod R.K.||Yield optimization in dibbled paddy.|