College Development Block
In 1968, College Development Block was established in Karveer tahsil. It was working under Extension Education Section. Tis block was comprised of 62 villeges.
In 1998, College Development Block was shifted from Karveer to Hatkanangale tahsil. Two additional blocks were established in Bhudagad and Radhanagari tahsils of Kolhapur district during the 2001.
Presently three College Development Blocks are working in Hatkanangale, Bhudaragad & Radhanagari tahsils and comprised eight circles in which 62 villages are included.
List of Villages in College Development Block-
College Development Block-Hatkanangale, Bhudargad & Radhanagari(03)
Total Circles- 08
Total Villages- 62
|Name of Circles||Name of Villages in Circle|
|Alte, Kumbhoj, Nej, Hingangaon, Majale|
|Sajani||Sajani, Korochi, Hatkanangale, Tilwani, Kabnoor, Mangaon, Mangaonwadi, Rui. Tardal,Khotwadi.|
|Wathar||Wathar, Chavare, Ghunaki, Kini, Bhadole, Pargaon, Kasabewadgaon|
|Nagaon||Nagaon, M. Vadgaon, Top, Sambhapur, Kasarwadi, Minache,Pulachi Shiroli|
|Padali||Padali, Padali-Darvesh, Ambap, Ambapwadi, Manpadale, Talsande|
|Kolhapur||Male, Malewadi, Rukadi, Atigre, Herle, Chokak, Gadmudshingi, Halodi.|
|Gargoti, Salpewadi, Shindewadi, Phanaswadi, Ambawane, Kalnakwadi, Khanapur, Hanbarwadi.|
|Turambe, kapileshwar, Arjunwada, Titave, Kasarwada, Waghapur, Chandre, Mangole, Talashi.|
Structure of College Development Block
The Professor of Department of Extension Education is the chief of the College Development Block, under Professor one Associate Professor act as a Extension Training Officer for College Development Block. Eight Agricultural Assistants are working under the control of Senior Research Assistant (SRA).
Motto of College Development Block
- To transfer the Modern Agril. Technologies towards farm community.
- To bridge the gap between farmers and Agril. Scientists.
- To guide the farmers to motivate Moder Agril. Technologies.
- To acts as Demonstrations laboratories for UG and PG students.
- Kini – Wathar is a Seed Gram Village of Tryambak (Rabi wheat)
- Male is known for Technological village.
Various activities carried out during the year 2011-2012.
1.VIP Visits-Dr. T.A. More, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, MPKV, Rahuri visited College Development block on February 3,2011 at Alte, Tal- Hatkanagale and Gargoti, Tal- Bhudhaghar.
2.Field visits-During the Rabi season, result demonstration trials of Wheat (Tryambak and Tapowon), Green gram (Digvijay) & Jowar (M 35-1) on farmers field were conducted & visited by Dr. T.A. More, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, MPKV, Rahuri, Dr. A.L.Pharande, Associate Dean, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur, Dr. G.K.Sasane, Head, Department of Extension Education, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur on February 3,2011.
During Kharif season result demonstration trials of RDN-99-1 (Paddy) DS-228 (Soyabean). on farmers field were conducted & visited by Dr. A.L.Pharande, Associate Dean, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur, Dr. P.G Khalche Head, Department of Extension Education,MPKV, Rahuri & Dr. G.K.Sasane, Head, Department of Extension Education, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur on August 24,2011 at Alate Tal- Hatkanangale .
3. Seed Distribution - Seed distribution programme for kharif season was organized at Alte Tal- Hatkanagale in presence of Dr. A.L.Pharande, Associate Dean, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur, Dr. G.K.Sasane, Head, Department of Extension Education, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur at Male on 14thJune, 2011. The seeds for Kharif season viz ; RDN-99-1 (Paddy), DS-228 (Soyabean). Dr. A. L. Pharande guided farmers regarding crop management in Kharif season & importance of Soil & Water testing.
4. Krishidin- In the memory of former chief minister of Maharashtra late Shri. Vasantarao Naik, Krishidin on July 1, 2011 was celebrated at Top, Tal-Hatkanangale in College Development Block. On this occasion, the farmers rally was organized under the chairmanship of Dr. A.L.Pharande, Associate Dean, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur and Dr. G.K.Sasane, Head, Department of Extension Education, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur. Shri. Sakhoba Awaghadi, Sarpanch Grampanchayat Top was present as a chief guest. Dr. S. P.Aswale, Dr. P.B. Mohite and Prof. U.A. Kadam provided valuable guidance to the farmers. Wide publicity was given to above programme through the local and state level newspapers.
5. Farmers rallies- The farmers rally was organized on 3/2/2011 by College Development Block in collaboration of Grampanchayat , Alate and various co-operative societies of Alate. Under chairmanship of Dr. T.A. More, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, MPKV, Rahuri, and in the presence of Dr. A. L. Pharande, Associate Dean, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur, Dr. G.K.Sasane, Head, Department of Extension Education, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur on February 3,2011. Dr. A.A Pisal, Extension Agronomist, REC, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur , Er, A. B. Deshpande provided the valuable guidance to the farmers. Hon’ble Vice Chancellor guided farmers regarding post harvest management of fruits and vegetables.
Also a farmers rally was organized on 29/11/2011 by College Development Block in collaboration of Grampanchayat, Kalnakwadi Under chairmanship of Dr. G.K.Sasane, Head & I/c Associate Dean, Department of Extension Education, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur and in the presence of Dr. P.G Khalche Head, Department of Extension Education, MPKV, Rahuri, Dr. G. K. Sasane, Head, Department of Extension Education, College of Agriculture, Kolhapur on Nov. 29, 2011. Dr. B.S. Kadam , Er, A. B. Deshpande provided the valuable guidance to the farmers.
Following Extension Educational activities were undertaken in the College Development Block during the year 2011-2012 are as follows
|Meeting and group Discussion||150||2040|
|Farm and Home Visits||739||4223|
|Soil Testing & water testing||03||03|
|Seed Treatment- Sugar Cane Co-92005||12000||24|
|Seed Treatment-Paddy-Brine Solution||15||35|
|Seed Treatment . Soybean -Thiram||08||65|
|Transplanting of Sugarcane-Co-86032||12000||02|
|Transplanting of Sugarcane-Co-265||2000||02|
|Side Grafting in Mango||05||43|
|Diagnostic Team visit||12||110|
|Publicity & Publication|
|Sale of publication Krishi Darshani||300||300|
|Seed input for Result Demonstration||300Kg||30|
|I) Kharif Season|
|Phule Radha||210 kg||28|
|Seeds made available to the farmers|
|G. Nut||JL- 286||1500kg||09|
|Implements made Available|
|No of VIP Visits||05|
Highest production of Result Demonstration Plots during Kharif-2011
|Name of farmer||Village||Name of crop||Variety||Area
|Shri. H.G. Patil||Padli
|Shri. S.M. Patil||Bhadole
Highest production of Result Demonstration Plots during Rabi-2011-2012
|Name of farmer||Village||Name of
Allotment of Result Demonstration plots
Kharif Season -2012
|Bhogavati||Phule Radha||Phule samrudhi||Total|
Seeds made to be available for farmers - Paddy
- Bhogavati- 600 kg.
- Phule Radha- 600 kg.
The news regarding the Extension activities of this section and college were published on daily Newspapers of this locality from time to time.