Training & Placement Cell
Training and Placement cell has been started in the college from the year 2007. The basic concept of the placement cell is to assist graduating students to find gainful employment. The College of Agriculture, Kolhapur has its unique placement cell which coordinates this activity. The cell is working with the help of Students’ Council under the control of the Associate Dean as President, Senior Professor as Vice President and Students’ Welfare officer. Students have access to information on job opportunities and higher studies within country. The pertinent catalogue, announcement and newspapers are procured and made available to the students. The strength of the college is our students both from undergraduate and postgraduate studies or degree programme. The cell works with active participation of the students in preplanning and organizing the various activities with a motto “by the students, for the students and of the students”. Several organizations have approached the college for conducting the campus recruitments. Presentations are made by the private companies to the students for oppurtunaties to update their future career development. The training and placement cell is organizing the various personality development programmes comprising communication skills, presentations skills, interview skills, time management, self leadership etc., for all undergraduate and post graduate students. Various resource persons are called from the service and manufacturing sectors for giving the guidance to students.
The College has initiated the formation of “AGRICOS Career Development Forum called as ACDF” by the students to develop the leadership qualities among them. The forum is in coordination with Training & Placement cell holds the programmes for developing the entrepreneur skills. The passed out students who are successful in business are called to share their experiences with the students. Agricultural Educational Day was organized on 19th June 2013 for creating awareness and attraction to XII (Science) students for admission to agricultural faculty. The entrepreneurs from tractor & power tiller industry, dairy industry, floriculture sector, Crop poly clinic sector etc. were called to interact with final year students for job opportunities and future career development.
The cell is maintaining a rapport with the state government departments, various industries, banks, NGOs and other companies dealing with agriculture and allied sectors.
The Training & Placement cell is creating the platform for the students who want the job in service and manufacturing sectors. Special attention is also given for the SC & ST students to get the placement.
The cell is arranging lectures of the faculty and passed out students for JRF/ CET preparations in various subjects. Further, the ACDF is conducting test series for the students.
The subject wise question banks are formulated for competitive examinations. The cell is also encouraging the students in preparation for state and central civil services examinations and the results are quite reflective.
The salient achievements of the training and placement cell are as under:
- Two students Mr. Jaiveer Singh & Mr. Rohit Ramchandra Kadam were selected for the post of Agriculture officer in Bank of India during 2009.
- Twenty two candidates were selected as Agriculture Specialist Officer in the Federal Bank during 2009.
- Mr. Chander Prakash a UG student was selected as Lieutenant in Indian Army by CDS during 2009-10.
- Two PG students were selected for the post of Agriculture officer in Central Bank of India during 2010.
- Five students were selected as Agriculture officer in Ratnakar Bank during 2011.
- Two students were selected as CMP Manager in NCMSL during 2012.
- Since, 2006 fifty nine students have qualified in JRF examination at 46 student admitted in ICAR and 15 admitted in JNU.
- Seven students got selected for ARS.
- Two students got selected for IFS through UPSC.
- Ninety seven students got selected for various posts in state civil services examination.
- Forty one students got selected in the bank and industries.
- Five students have become a successful entrepreneur in various sectors.